The most universal option of our 2U switch is a 1xN configuration with channel counts between 24 and 48 channels. This configuration reduces the amount of space used in rack enclosures and helps to make tabletop workstations more compact while keeping test configurations simple.
Another configuration allows for two 1xN switches of up to 24 channels each to be controlled independently by the same 2U device. This can centralize the source and receive switches in a multichannel bidirectional setup, reducing the number of USB and power cords.
Additionally, this configuration allows a single mode switch and a multimode switch to work in parallel within the same unit, creating a single work station for any multichannel cables that might need testing.
Finally, the 2U mainframe can accommodate an NxM switch with up to 24 channels in each direction. This configuration will simplify custom test setups with multiple input devices or work benches that require numerous sources to be switched to multiple channels, such as calibration facilities and R&D labs.
- Convenient, compact, all optical (OOO) switch
- MEMS technology, high reliability, long life
- Bright OLED for channel display
- Interface to custom applications via OPL-SDK
- Controllable via OptoTest software platforms such as OPL-CLX, OPL-MAX, and OPL-LOG
- High speed USB interface for communication
- NxM configuration available (up to 24×24) for laboratory
- Customizable configurations to meet customer needs
- “Side-by-side” configurations streamline bidi testing benches or production lines with both SM and MM testing needs
- 1xN switches available up to 48 channels
- 2U rack mountable enclosure
- Removable front panel for easy access to connectors for repolishing
- EF Compliance upon request
- Scalable up to 144 channels* upon custom request
* This channel count cannot be accommodated in the 2U enclosure.
|OP720 High Channel Count Optical Switch||Single Mode – SW||Multimode – SW|
|Channel Count||2 to 48 output|
|Internal Fiber||SMF28, 9/125||50/125 OR 62.5 /125|
|Switching Time||10 msec|
|Optical Interface||ST, FC, SC, LC (other upon request)|
|Power for channel counts 24 to 48||5V Power Supply|
|Power for channel counts over 48||Power Cable
90VAC .. 264VAC
47Hz to 63Hz
Fuse: T1A, 250V
|Dimensions for channel counts 24 to 48||19” x 3.5” x 12”|
|Dimensions for channel counts over 48||19” x 7” x 20”|