OP750 Multichannel Source
The OP750 multichannel source can be configured with a mix of up to 24 individual or switched LED or LASER sources. The single wavelength LED source, available in 850nm or 1300nm, features an internal large core fiber to guarantee an overfill condition for 62.5/125µm or 50/125µm multimode fiber. The single wavelength sources at 1310nm and 1550nm are terminated with standard 9/125µm fiber. A dual wavelength option, such as 1310nm and 1550nm, into a single port is available as well (12 channel version only). To create dual wavelength operation on any channel, an optical switch can be included in the configuration.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
Multichannel LED Source
- Up to 24 LED sources in a 2U system
- Factory configurable wavelength mix, including 650nm, 850nm, and 1300nm
- Adjustable power level from 0% to 100% either through front panel or USB port
- Controlled launch condition, customer specific, Encircled Flux (EF) available
- Dual wavelength operation with optional internal 1xN precision optical switch
- Support of most common connector options (FC/PC, ST/PC, SC/PC, etc)
Multichannel LASER Source
- Up to 24 channels with single or dual wavelength laser sources out of a each port
- Factory configurable wavelength mix, including 1310nm, 1490nm, 1550nm, 1625nm, and 850nm VCSEL
- Adjustable power level up to 10dBm (depending on LASER) either through front panel or USB port
- Cost effective solution with optional, highly repeatable built-in optical switch
- Support of most common connector options (FC, ST, SC, LC, etc…)
Calibration Not Required
Due to the wavelength stability of these sources, calibration is only necessary if defined by your processes.
MADE IN THE USA
We proudly design & manufacture our equipment in California, United States.
Passive Optical Lan Testing
Optical Transceiver Testing
The OP750 Multichannel Optical Source can be customized to suit your projects’ needs. Please request a custom quote for your project. Below are some examples of the customizations we have done for our customers:
- Wavelengths and multiple wavelengths
- Custom and high channel counts
- Laser wattage
- Fiber sizes and fill types
Interested in CWDM Testing sources?
Click here to learn more
Talk to one of our sales engineers at +1(805) 987-1700 to learn more about our custom solutions.
|Source||1310nm/1550nm LASER||1310nm/1490nm/1550nm/1625nm LASER||850nm/1300nm LED|
|Source Center Wavelength||±30nm from nominal||±30nm from nominal||±30nm from nominal|
|Internal Fiber||9/125μm (SMF28)||9/125μm (SMF28)||50/125μm, 62.5/125μm, 105/125μm|
|Launch Condition||N/A||N/A||Available upon request|
|Output Power* (typical)||-1.5dBm||-2.5dBm||-18dBm(850nm) -20dBm(1300nm):|
*For single channel systems. **Over 1 hour with a max. change of 1ºC.
|Mainframe||OP750 Multichannel Source|
|Dimensions||16 ¾” x 3.5” x 14″|
|Power Supply||90VAC … 264VAC; 47Hz to 63Hz; 0.7Amps (115VAC) 0.4Amps (230VAC); Fuse: T1A, 250V|
|Warm-up time||5-15 minutes|
|Operating Temperature||5℃ to 40℃|
|Maximum Relative humidity*||16 ¾” x 3.5” x 14″|
* For temperatures up to 31°C, decreasing linearly to 50% relative humidity at 40°C.
Unless otherwise noted, all OP750 source units with internal laser sources utilize a Class I Laser Source. OptoTest strongly suggests that all necessary precautions be taken whenever any Class I or Class III laser source is used.
Specifications are subject to change, please confirm specific performance characteristics of the product at the time of ordering. All specifications are valid within temperature range of 18ºC to 24ºC unless otherwise noted. For additional specifications please contact OptoTest.
The multichannel sources can be customized to provide the perfect platform for testing WDM components for insertion loss at various wavelengths. The OP715 benchtop source can house 4 CWDM source wavelengths such as 1270 to 1330 for certain applications. For applications where more wavelengths are necessary, the full rack OP750 multichannel source can support DFB lasers for all 18 ITU G.694.2 wavelengths commonly used when testing CWDM components.