OP940-CSW MPO / MTP Fiber Return Loss Tester
OP940-CSW MTP Return Loss Tester Overview
Testing your MPO/MTP® cables is now:
- Faster – setup and testing times are reduced, enabling cost and ROI savings.
- Easier – convenient, compact design makes setup and testing easier and trouble-free for the operator.
- Highly Accurate – built on OptoTest’s world-class OP940 Optical Return Loss platform means you’ll know the RL & IL of your cables with dependable, exacting accuracy.
- Streamlined – eliminates the need for a large external switch with messy breakout fiber cables.
The compact multichannel OP940 is an internally switched Insertion Loss (IL) and Return Loss (RL) meter designed for MPO/MTP® testing. With a design that reduces setup time, cost, risk, and footprint, the OP940-CSW is the evolution of the MPO/MTP® testing experience that is used worldwide by industry leaders. The fastest and most accurate IL and RL test system in the industry is better than ever.
*OptoTest offers a variety of calibration services click here to learn more.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
Simplified Test Setup
The compact multichannel OP940 measures quickly and accurately without the use of mandrels or index matching gel.
Fastest IL/RL Measurement
A 12 channel, dual wavelength, IL and RL test with the compact multichannel OP940 takes less than 40 seconds.
The compact design of the OP940-CSW significantly reduces time and cost. With an MPO/MTP® front panel interface, there is no need to use expensive fanout cables that over-complicate the cable setup. The reference and measurement processes are faster, more efficient, and less prone to error than ever before.
Most Accurate RL Measurement
The compact size of the OP940-CSW was achieved without compromising quality or accuracy. By making use of a wide dynamic range (SM, FTTX: -10dB to -80dB) for RL measurements, the OP940-CSW is able to adjust for attenuation in the reference setup, which results in the most accurate RL results in the industry.
* MTP is a registered trademark of US Conec Ltd.
MADE IN THE USA
We proudly design & manufacture our equipment in California, United States.
- Test Insertion Loss and Return Loss in Seconds
- Set Return Loss Reference Position and Value
- Measure Return Loss at Multiple Connection Points through the Front Panel
- Produce Cable Test Reports or Labels through Software
- Programmable Pass/Fail
- Available in Single Mode, FTTX
- On Screen Help
- Easy to Use
Talk to one of our sales engineers at +1(805) 987-1700 to learn more about our custom solutions.
|Return Loss||Single Mode,FTTX|
|Source Wavelength||1310nm, 1550nm,|
|-10dB to -80dB|
|Measurement Linearity||±1dB (-12 to -72dB), ±2dB (-72dB to -75dB), ±5dB (-75dB to -80dB)|
|Distance Range||up to 2500 meters|
|Mandrel-free minimum distance||1.7 meters (both reflections <-45dB)|
|Insertion Loss||Single Mode||FTTX|
|Source Center Wavelength||±30nm from nominal||±30nm from nominal|
|Internal Fiber||9/125μm (SMF28)||9/125μm (SMF28)|
|Output Power (typical)||-3.5dBm||-4.5dBm|
|Insertion Loss Stability(1)||±0.02dB||±0.02dB|
Measurement Linearity (Relative Accuracy)(2)
|Deviation ± 0.05dB||0dBm to -65dBm at 1490nm|
|Deviation ± 0.01dB||<10dB power variation|
(1)Over 1 hour with a max. change of 1ºC. (2)For 1, 2, and 3mm detectors.
|Measurement Timing||Single Mode||FTTX|
|IL and RL, Dual Wavelength||3s*||6s|
|Switching Time (Multichannel)||100ms|
(1) Measurement timing is per channel
|Dimensions||30.5cm x 14.5cm x 22cm|
|Power Supply||90VAC … 264VAC; 47Hz to 63Hz; 0.7Amps (115VAC) 0.4Amps (230VAC); Fuse: T1A, 250V|
|Warm-up time||5-15 minutes|
|Operating Temperature||5℃ to 40℃|
|Maximum Relative humidity*||80%|
(1) For temperatures up to 31°C, decreasing linearly to 50% relative humidity at 40°C.